Oh how destinations inspire me, whether I’m present at a new and unique place or dreaming from browsing online. I adore eating and drinking establishments that use tile in a dramatic way, I pin all the ideas for future renovations and bookmark them to refer back to them if renovating a kitchen, bathroom, or outdoor space.
I got lost online once more researching some beautiful tile installations from boutique cafes and resort restaurants around the world. Below I’ve featured ten alluring designs that might inspire you too, the images are paired with my brief takeaway.
1. Install earth tone tiles floor to ceiling behind rustic open shelves.
four seasons mexico taqueria
2. Make a statement on your patio with colorful patterned tile.
hotel tiki tiki
3. Create a bold colorful pattern with basic geometric tiles.
lost palm, lexington kentucky
4. Choose a cheerful color instead of a neutral tile for your bar or peninsula.
little palm bar, charleston
5. Create a focal point inside an arched niche with an eye catching pattern.
6. Combine two contrasting colors to create a unique border and stripe motif.
7. Make an impression with a dramatic wall covered in dimensional tile.
8. Pair the same color rectangle and square tiles and install in a varied vertical stack formation.
pine nut cafe, salt haus
9. Add earth tone zellige tiles to a wall in a wainscot style, display art above.
una mas, new south wales
10. Be daring with a medley of diamond shaped colorful tiles in a custom mosaic.
strawberry moon, miami, florida
I’m always inspired by creative tile installations I spy when I travel, especially when the bars or restaurants takes risks, it adds to the ambiance and enhances the experience!
You might also like these destination design articles from the archives:
riads of morocco / napa and sonoma
tulum & the maya riveria / the amalfi coast